What I’m Looking Forward To in 2013
Before I make my “Best-of 2012” article, I will look ahead, and see the most exciting things that lie wait in the upcoming year!
There are three games I am extremely excited about, and will definitely buy that are coming out this year:
- The Wonderful 101: This game is by Platinum Games; the concept is a Pikmin-style action game where you gather 100 superheroes, go around the city, and beat up monsters. It’s ludicrous and looks absolutely amazing. Plus, 4-player multiplayer. What that entails is intriguing.
- Fire Emblem: Awakening: This game is the perfect Fire Emblem. Adjustable difficulty levels, including nondeath modes, for people like me who suck at games. Good multiplayer. DLC support. CGI Cutscenes that are voiced. A story that links all the previous Fire Emblem series together. Portability. And generally, it’s just going to be the best Fire Emblem of all time, and it comes out in February. Cannot wait.
- Pikmin 3: Obviously, if Wonderful 101 is on this list, this is going to be too. This game has been almost 9 years in the making, and I am ecsatic for it. My expectation level is currently beyond Game of the Year 2013; it’s Game of the Decade 2010s! I will never be more pumped for any video game until Super Smash Bros. 4 news starts coming out.
A couple movies that I am most excited for. You can see my full (first-version) list of movies I’m looking forward to in this article.
- Oblivion: Since the trailer came out, I am generally thinking this movie is going to be amazing, and dominate the box office until Iron Man 3 comes out, much like Hunger Games did before Avengers this year.
- Iron Man 3: I have full confidence this movie is going to be great. I liked Iron Man 2, unlike many people, but I know this is going to top it.
- Star Trek: Into Darkness: There’s no way this can flop. Absolutely no way.
- The Man of Steel: From that trailer that recently came out, I am super pumped for this. It’s almost going to be like… The Dark Knight, with Superman???????
- Pacific Rim: It’s like my favorite animes… in movie form!!!!!!
- Thor 2: I want to see how Thor can do without a forced romance plot (since there’s already a love interest fulfilled), and without Loki as the central villain. It has me very interested.
These comic events have me pretty excited for 2013:
- Superior Spider-Man: I am in the extreme minority when I say that I can’t wait for this new series. Without saying any spoilers, I have to say it’s going to last a while.
- Justice League of America: A new Justice League book with all the B-List heroes. Can this be successfully pulled off, and can it successfully lead to Trinity War? Let’s hope so!!!!
What I’m not excited for is a dumb Ultron massive crossover. I was actually hoping that 2013 would stay Major Event-free this time, Marvel-wise. 2012 only had AvX, which wasn’t actually that huge, but I thought Marvel was getting over its insane addiction to stupid crossovers, albeit very slowly with some relapses (Fear Itself), after Siege.
I’m also looking forward to the conclusion of the 4-year Modern-Day Epic that is Homestuck. Not that I want it to end, per say, but the ending is quickly building itself up to be the most gigantic climax that we’ll ever see in any webcomic (until Gunnerkrig Court gets to its own climax in like 15 years, but that’s different).
Music: I… don’t really know of any future music plans for 2013. I guess, Bowman and Clark Powell’s inevitable next albums, as well as some more stuff by Hrmnzr and Astro Kid. And Homestuck Volume 10, which may or may not be the very last Homestuck album. Oh, and WellManicuredMan is releasing a Homestuck-related EP on January 5th. That will be exciting.
Other: I’m looking forward to going to college, where I’ll have even less time to post meaningful things on this blog, but I will have many more things to be able to post about.
I’m also hyping up what seems to be an Event Horizon in the number of written works by the Metafic gang, consisting of Ktalaki, WhiteKnight, Kwiko, and I, all from the RealityRevolution forums. Seriously awesome stories are starting to emerge, and it is only a matter of time before…. someone gets published…..